Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana: Relieves swelling and pain in feet.
Today we are telling you about Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana yogasana is also known as Three Face Pose and Forward Bend Pose. The name of Triang Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana is made up of six words: Trianga, Mukha, Eka, Pada, Paschim and Uttan.
In which Triang means three limbs, Mukha means mouth, pada means feet, Paschim means west direction or back part of the body, and Uttan means stretched. Trianga Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana relieves the body from illness, menstruation, and fatigue.
This asana improves the digestive system, as well as makes the spine flexible. Know about the method of doing Triang Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana, its benefits and precautions to be taken care of.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn a Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Method of doing Triang Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana:
- To do this asana, first of all, sit in the position of Dandasana on the yoga mat.
- Then press the ground with light hands and try to lengthen the spine while taking the breath inwards.
- Now take a breath in and lift your right leg up and bend it backward and bring it back as far as possible.
- By doing this, there is a strain in the right hip and knee. Also, the right hip should be on the ground.
- After this, while exhaling the breath, bend from the hip joints.
- In this, you have to pay attention that you do not have to bend from the joints of the waist. And exhale while bending down.
- After this, hold the left leg with both hands.
- Inhale 5 times and exhale outwards.
- Stay in this posture for 30 to 40 seconds only.
- After being proficient in this, you can do it for 90 seconds, but keep in mind that do not do it for more than that.
- You can come out of this pose after breathing 5 times.
- While coming out of the pose, raise your torso while taking the breath inwards. Keep the back straight and come back up from your hips.
- Now sit straight and take the right leg forward, this posture is over.
- Do this mudra from the other side.
Benefits of Yogasana :
- This asana acts as a therapy for ankle and knee sprains.
- It calms the mind and opens the hips.
- Trianga Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana removes swelling of the feet.
- This asana passively tones the abdominal muscles.
Precautions of Yogasana :
- If there is pain in the knees, then Triang Mukhekapad Paschimottanasana should not be done, and do not exert more stress than your physical capacity.
- This asana should not be done even if there is a pain in the lower back.
Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana: Asanas that increase flexibility in the joints.
It is also known as Half Bound Lotus Standing Forward Bend and is made up of five words Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana. Ardh means half, bandha means tied, Padma means lotus flower, west means west direction or back part of the body, and Uttan means stretched and it helps in opening up the hips and knees. It also stretches the spinal cord and digestion is also strengthened by this asana.
Method of Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana:
- To do this asana, first of all, sit on a pedestal in the position of Dandasana.
- Then take the breath inwards and lift your right leg up and take it on the left thigh, bringing it as high as you can.
- In this position, there will be a strain on your right hip and knee.
- After this, bring your right hand from behind the back to the front and grab the toe of the right foot with the right hand.
- In this position, take the breath one or two times and then release it.
- Leaning forward while exhaling as shown in the picture.
- Now grab the left leg with the left hand.
- After this, take five breaths in and outwards.
- You can stay in this posture for 40 to 60 seconds.
- If you get used to the practice, you can do it for 90 seconds. But keep in mind that do not do this mudra for more than this and you can come out of this posture after breathing five times.
- While coming out of this posture, lift the torso upwards and your back should be straight. And come back up only from the joints of the hips.
- Do not release the right toe right now. Release the thumb only when you are completely straight. And lower the right leg.
- In this way, the posture of Dandasana will end.
- Do this mudra from the other side as well.
Advantages of Yogasana:
- This asana increases the flexibility of the knee joint.
- By this asana, the muscles of the back increase, and blood circulation in the spine increases.
- The internal organs are massaged by regularizing the Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana.
- It tones the body and it is also beneficial for weight loss.
- This asana relieves constipation and stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries, and uterus.
Precautions of Yogasana:
Do this asana according to your ability and you have pain in your knees then do not do this asana.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join 500-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
You May Also Like: The Basics of Waterproofing Membranes That You Need to Know