We met for a new drawing class. Here you will be able to learn how to draw a new element of the flora and fauna of the farm. Charles Le Petit Fermier offers you a simple, detailed, clear, and fun tutorial to teach you the different stages of making a sketch of a bee.
Our various drawing courses offer you simplified, detailed, and even illustrated guides, which allow you to succeed in your bee drawing every time, without the hassle, you just have to follow the different steps.
Our tutorials are accessible to everyone thanks to their explanatory format, so whether you are a beginner or an expert in drawing, whether you are a child or an adult, this tutorial is for you.
Do not hesitate to use the options at the bottom of the page and the possibility of coming to download and print our drawing tutorial on the bee, the latter will allow you to be able to access and carry out the course without needing an internet connection or even an electronic device.
We will start soon, but before that, we will give you the list of the necessary material to carry out its sketch well. In the end, you will find all our advice on how to best achieve a drawing and improve or diversify its technique. First, it is important to draw the first lines for honey bee tattoos with a pencil and very thin so as not to mark the drawing sheet too much, to be able to easily erase the lines, and to have the best possible result.
The necessary material to draw a beautiful bee:
As we mentioned just above, the first lines and sketches of your bee are preferably made with a pencil or a criterium. You need a tool that can easily be erased and that does not leave a trace, you can also use a colored pencil or an erasable pen for example. Then, for the drawing to stand out better and for it to look like a simplistic and kawaii drawing, you will go over the final lines using a marker or felt-tip pen, preferably black, but all the ideas of colors are good to take.
You will need paper support to be able to draw, here a multitude of options are available to you: from the classic white sheet, a cardboard sheet, or a colored sheet, in the shape of a rectangle, square, oval, or following the bee’s contours, in A4, A3 … the choice is yours!
For coloring, which will be the last step of your drawing, you will need to bring markers, colored pencils, gouache, paint, water-based paint, oil paint, glitter, charcoal … you choose, any idea is good to take, be original we are sure that we have not thought of many solutions.
We advise you to have the best possible material, that is to say, an undamaged material, almost empty … the leads of your markers should not bleed and it is the same for your colored pencils, to you to think about the sharpener in order to obtain an optimal final result. You will also need an eraser, be careful that the eraser is not too dirty, otherwise, it will leave marks on your white paper.
We advise you to do this tutorial in a calm and relaxed place, you should not put pressure on yourself or too much challenge, you will for sure success in your bee drawing. It is up to you to show originality, initiative, and care in your drawing. In art, there are no predefined rules, it’s up to you to create your own and impose your own style.
For your convenience, we advise you to do this drawing lesson on the bee on a table. Also, try to have all your material ready before you start drawing and have it on hand so you don’t have to move around and risk getting the drawing and your other stuff dirty.
Step 1: The bee’s body:
We can now start drawing out bees, an insect from the farm, but also from the city
- Step number one is particularly simple, in fact, it simply involves drawing a circle in the middle of your sheet. The circle should be made in pencil and will represent the body of the flying insect.
- This circle can also be a simple oval shape, it is not necessarily perfectly circular. Do your best and the result will be perfect.
Step 2: the bee’s neck:
- Above the circle from the previous step, you will draw a small oval shape that will cross the body.
- When your neck is traced, you can erase the line of the body that will be in the neck. Hence the importance of drawing fine lines.
- You can look at the desired result thanks to our illustrations below, but remember that your sketch may not be 100% the same, but still great:
Step 3: the head:
- For the head, you can, as for step 2, draw the same oval shape, but with larger dimensions.
- You will erase with an eraser the line of the neck that crosses the head of our bee.
- And here is the whole body of the bee drawn!
Step 4: Googly eyes:
Let’s move on to the different elements of our kawaii bee’s head.
- In the center of the bee’s head, made just before, you will draw two large circles which will represent the protruding eyes of the insect.
- One of the shapes can be smaller than the other or more misshapen, it is absolutely not serious far from it, it will give charm to your bee.
Step 5: The antennas:
- To make sense of your bee, you are now going to draw antennae. From the top of the skull, you will draw two lines, one on the left and one on the right, which will end in a small round shape.
Step 6: The big wings:
- In this step and the next, we are going to draw the wings in the cartoon style of the bee.
- At the intersection between the bee’s neck and head, you will draw the large wings on either side of its body. For that, it is enough to make an oval shape of the same size as its body.
Step 7: The little wings:
- For the small wings, you will draw two new oval shapes. They will start from the underside of the large wings and join the lower body.
Step 8: Details:
- Some small details are to be added to our drawing.
- You can give the bee pupils, which will make it look more real and kind. Draw a solid oval or round shape in each eye, smaller in size than the eye itself.
- Draw a mouth or a simple kawaii bee smile by sketching a mini curve or an elongated U shape.
Step 9: The bands and the stinger:
The bee has a body characterized by yellow and black bands that overlap. To represent this, it’s up to you to draw bands of the same size in the body (circle from step 1), either straight or slightly curved.
- For the dart now, you will draw a triangle, very pointed at the bottom of the body.
- For more realism, details are to be done at the level of the wings. It will be necessary to “separate” them in two, starting from the middle of the wings, draw a line following the curve of the wing which will join one end to the body.
Step 10: The colors of the adorable bee:
You have finished your bee!
Now you have to give it some color. You can use any material and colors you want. Charles Le Petit Fermier to draw the body in yellow and black and the wings in gray.
Conclusion of the wonderful kawaii bee:
We are terrified that the bee tutorial met your expectations and that it was not too complicated. We detail each of the steps in order to be able to explain to you as best and as easily as possible the realization of an element of the flora and fauna of the farm. We also illustrate the drawing course to give you an idea of what to expect, of course, this does not mean that you have to have the same result point for point as us, on the contrary.
The bee is a flying insect that we encounter a lot, especially on sunny days. Continue to learn about the bee with some interesting facts about it:
- The bees are represented in the world with more than 25 000 species, representing more than twice the diversity of birds, for example.
- Bees are known for their production of honey, although there are species that do not. Indeed, they manage to transform the nectar of the flowers, which it takes when the forages. The beehive is then used as a place to live and store honey.
- A worker bee must be female, she lives 4 to 6 weeks and devotes herself to the production of mail and the protection of her queen. The males are only used for the reproduction of the species and are called “bourbons”.
- In a hive there are on average 35,000 bees, i.e. there are “natural” hives that the bees build themselves and which are recognizable by their oval shape. And there are beehive cultures, where beekeepers provide wooden beehives where they just have to live there and store honey.
- They have two stomachs, one which is used for its digestion (as for humans) and one which is used to store flower nectar or water to then transform them in the hive.
- They are great sportsmen, they fly a lot to find food and flowers to collect. It is estimated that 500 grams of honey represent two million boot flowers and 80,000 km.
- They are pollinating insects and they are really essential for our ecosystem because they pollinate 80% of the flora. We find it hard to imagine its importance, but even the largest trees that produce the oxygen we are dependent on need these little insects.
- Not all bees sting! Males cannot sting and many species do not have a stinger. They sting only when they feel in danger, note that honey bees die when they sting someone because they amputate their sting.
Some precious drawing tips by Charles Le Petit Fermier
- If the result is not perfect, don’t worry, practice! Training and repeating certain actions is the key to success.
- Imagination and creativity are two very important elements here. Even though we detail you and show you what to do, you can also
- make your own decisions about details and colors in particular. You have to differentiate yourself, create your style and your trademark. Find original materials, which we had not thought of, colors of all kinds, relief, or different materials.
- Above all, do not hurry, do not put pressure on yourself. Even if it can be a challenge, it is above all a fun activity. So be relaxed and have maximum fun, let your feelings and emotions transcribe.
- Please be careful not to protrude, press too hard on your lead, or smudge your design with coloring.
- If you want a more realistic style, you can work on the shadows, tones, and depth of the drawing.
- Your bee can all the more be in a minimalist style, manga, comic strip, or even cartoon by thickening the contours of its body.
Read: Benefits Of Owning Decorative Night Lights Stained Glass