Leather is a very resistant and durable material, however, the friction of accessories made with this material and the years of life can deteriorate them. How to keep your leather accessories in perfect condition? Here are some maintenance and care tips that will allow your leather bag pieces to keep them in good condition for longer and extend their useful life.
- Store them in a cotton cover. In the case of leather accessories such as bags, a good option is to store them in a cover, mainly made of white cotton fabric, to prevent this fabric from fade due to humidity or heat. We can also choose this advice for other accessories such as leather card holder wallets.
- Avoid humidity and direct sunlight. Store your accessories in dry places, avoiding both humidity and direct sunlight, as the skin can crack and lose its color.
- Fill your leather bags. If you are going to store your bags for a long time, choose to empty them and fill them with onion paper. Never use magazine or newspaper papers as their ink tends to stain clothes a lot.
- Avoid excess weight. This is especially important for leather bags. Loading them in excess causes the material to suffer, and breaks or certain imperfections may appear, especially in the handle. The same happens with wallets or card holders, do not load them more than necessary to avoid pressure on the skin. We remind you that at klinq.com we are pioneers in men’s wallets and we have a wide variety of models that adapt to each type of person and need.
- Avoid rolling up the leather belts. One of the main problems with leather belts is the appearance of folds. This happens because they are usually stored rolled up and under pressure in the drawer of our closet. Never roll them! So how do I do it? It is best to choose a place to hang them and that they are always as stretched out as possible. Placing some hooks behind the closet door or in a corner of our bedroom will be the best support to keep them in perfect condition.
- Cleaning tips. Daily maintenance of our skin supplement is important. Wipe the surface with a dry cotton cloth very carefully, without pressing too hard. But, how can we do if when we go out on the street we have gotten wet from rain or have been stained?
– If it gets wet, avoid any source of heat, so do not use dryers or radiators. It’s best to let it dry slowly, at room temperature, and keep the product the same way you want it to finish during the drying process. If, on the contrary, we dry the leather quickly with the help of an intense source of heat, it will change its chemical structure and it will end up stiff and wrinkled.
– If the skin has become dirty or has any stains, use a damp cloth, avoiding soaps or vinegar. Later, let it dry as we have explained previously. For tough stains like pen ink or red wine, try using leather conditioning treatments specifically designed to remove the stain. Do not use leather dye or you will alter the color of the entire piece and it will never be the same again.
- What do I do if the skin becomes dry? Rub it in with a cloth dampened with moisturizer, be sure to clean it beforehand to avoid discoloration. Remember that they also sell specific products for skin treatment.
Buy Men’s Leather Goods at Klinq
With these simple tips, you are sure to keep your leather accessories or accessories in perfect condition. Even so, keep in mind that the leathers are natural materials and that they are marked with use and the passage of time; For this reason, marks, skin imperfections or changes in color may appear due to natural wear and tear.
Buy Men’s Leather Goods at Klinq. Discover our latest collection of top branded genuine leather wallets and handbag at best price with very fast shipping.